– We all search for different ideas , read different books, see videos, attend several workshops for ways to focus on one thing and ultimately achieve our goals in life.
– Maharishi Ved Vyas has written about Mahabharata that :- “That which is written here is scattered in whole world and that which is not here , does not exist anywhere in world” (Source :-Aadiparv of Mahabharata)
– Today we are accompanied by several distractions whether it is day or night. To achieve anything in life, there are several vital elements viz time, action, situation etc. But one element that supersedes all is we can say focus.
– Fable On Focus :-
Guru dronacharya is teaching Archery to both kaurvas and pandavas . One day they say today you all have to target the eye of a bird which is sitting on Tree. But before that all should answer one simple question of mine :- Then he call the names of all one by one from both pandavas and kauravas and keep asking them “, What you are seeing ?”, Everybody said different answers like tree, bird, river etc. Etc.
When Arjuna came he asked him the same question :- What you are seeing ?”, On hearing this He replied “, Eye of the bird , Nothing Else ! “, Guru Dronacharya Filled with pride.
When Turn came of all to hit the Target , only Arjuna was able to hit the target!
Can you tell me why? I think we all know the answer.
– That is the Answer for all of us also who day and night searching how to set our focus, I think.
– In the BhagvadGita also Lord Krishna says:-
व्यवसायात्मिका बुद्धिरेकेह कुरुनन्दन |
बहुशाखा ह्यनन्ताश्च बुद्धयोऽव्यवसायिनाम् || 41||
vyavasāyātmikā buddhir ekeha kuru-nandana।
bahu-śhākhā hyanantāśh cha buddhayo ’vyavasāyinām ।।
“O Child of kuru ! the intellect of those who are on this path is resolute, and their aim is one-pointed. But the intellect of those who are irresolute is many-branched.
– In today’s Multitasking world, we all want to do more than one task at once but we forget that we can concentrate only on one thing at once !
P.S. :- जेहि पर कृपा करहि जनु जानी!
कवि उर अजिर नचावहि बानी!!
मोरि सुधारिहि सो सब भांति!
जासु कृपा नहि कृपा अघाति!!